Kentucky Derby Experience: What to Bring
Gates open at 8 a.m. for the Kentucky Oaks and Kentucky Derby. Guests are advised to arrive at Churchill Downs early to accommodate for search procedures at all gates. For more information about which gate to enter, click here. Bags and coolers are subject to search and patrons are subject to a magnetic wand scan. First post is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. on Oaks and Derby.
What you CAN bring:
• Cell phones
• Cameras and Camcorders
• Seat Cushions (without back)
• Food Items in clear plastic bags (maximum size 18” x 18”- no trash bags)
• Box lunches in clear plastic bags (maximum size 18” x 18”- no trash bags)
• Coolers (Allowed in infield only through Gates 1 & 3. May include non-alcoholic beverages (no glass containers), ice and food packaged in clear plastic containers.)
• Small personal music systems, radios, televisions (no boomboxes)
• Baby Bags (subject to search)
• Strollers (ONLY if carrying a child)
• Chairs (Gate 3 ONLY)
• Pop-up Tents (Gate 3 ONLY)
• Blankets & Tarpaulins (Gates 1 & 3 ONLY)
• Limit of two bags per person. Guests may be required to turn on electronic items.